Tuesday, June 29, 2010

DAY 19- illusion

I got 5 responses from friends who want photos taken when we visit Seattle. Yay! Why is it that I have so much more interest there than here? I can't seem to figure that one out. Maybe the concentration of portrait photographers isn't as high in that area. It seems there is just too much competition here in SLC. Everyone knows a photographer and one that will work for nothing. Sometimes I really miss living there. It felt so much like a home, with people who wanted me there. Sometimes I wonder if anyone other than family would truly miss me if I moved away from here. I don't think I could ever be appreciated more than when I lived in Washington... or maybe I am now but I just refuse to see it... I'm addicted to self-pity. Yes, I'll admit that. Fine, I know I'm enjoying my life here just the same as in Washington... occasionally complaining, occasionally exaggerating the positive. It's a an illusion in my head... whatever mood I'm in at the moment.

Well... I hope that rant was enjoyed by some. I got a lot out of writing it...

I made weekly budget for my spending. That was kind of fun. Now I have a little piece of paper in my wallet where I can record what I spend on groceries, dining, entertainment, and miscellaneous stuff. I used to get really anxious and stressed about money. About a year ago, my cousin did a hypnosis session with me focusing on it. I'm quite positive that it helped because I don't find myself avoiding my finances like I did before. I actually enjoy it. It's like a game.

I did a photo shoot this evening. Here's a shot from it. I had a good time, this young man was very nice.




That was it for today. At midnight I'll be attending the opening of "Eclipse". Yippee, I can't wait!

GOAL FOR TOMORROW: Since I'll be up late I shouldn't have much energy to do a lot, but I will try to take care of the kids. That's enough for a day.

1 comment:

  1. ahh, you made my day and week even!! I am so happy that the session we did had some positive effects that are still with you :) I never really know if what I am doing is helping people in any way shape or form...I just keep telling myself that it is! Funny how we do that to ourselves.

    Your comments came at a good time for me,,,thanks :)

    ReplyDelete